A sensational voyage through the heart of Champagne
Explore vintage vineyards and pretty riverside towns as you glide along from Chalons-en-Champagne to Epernay.
Tour the best of the Marne Valley on the largest lock barge in our fleet. Take a seat on the polished teak deck and slip into a more tranquil pace. Or unlock your inner connoisseur under the guidance of our well-versed crew. A variety of unique curiosities and experiences await off-board to enchant your whole party.
Hirondelle takes you on an idyllic journey through the Champagne region. Your route meanders effortlessly along some of the area’s most tranquil waterways. The soft décor of the barge perfectly complements the scenery outside. Hosting eight guests, our four cosy cabins feature oak-panelled ceilings, fine antique furniture and en-suite bathrooms. Relax in the lightfilled lounge with our crisp sound system, television and WiFi, or recline in a deckchair on the splendid teak
deck beneath the shady canopy.
The essence of travel with Belmond Afloat in France is that your time is relaxed and any excursions will be tailored to your personal tastes and requirements. Our itineraries include visits to local attractions, such as stately châteaux and bustling markets, with add-on activities such as hot-air ballooning. During the cruise, your barge is accompanied by an air-conditioned vehicle ready to take you and your private guide on your chosen tours.
- Vehicle transfer or train transfer from Paris to the barge (if applicable). Private hire transfers are also available from Lyon and Geneva
- Table D’Hote Meals. Each week’s menu includes regional specialities and seasonal delicacies unique to the area you are cruising through
- Complimentary Beverages
- Luxury Accommodation
- Excursions stated in the itinerary, fully escorted by the experienced onboard guide
The four guest cabins are relaxing sanctuaries offering home-from-home comforts. Facilities include:
- King-size beds (configured as twins if desired)
- En-suite bathrooms with twin washbasins and WC.
- Bedside tables
- Dressing/desk table with chair
- Safe and hairdryer
- Sockets suitable for two-pin 220-volt plugs
- Individually controlled air-conditioning/heating unit so you can adjust the temperature to your liking
CAPACITY: 8 guests, 5 crew
HIRE: Private hire or per cabin basis
TOTAL LENGTH: 128ft/39m