Magna Carta will take you on a slow, meandering journey along the prettiest stretches of the River Thames, past Royal Palaces, quaint riverside towns and villages – a captivating mixture of olde worlde England and the natural beauty of the surrounding countryside.
From Henry VIII’s Hampton Court past Windsor Castle to Henley, with frequent stops allowing plenty of time to wander and explore as we follow this old Viking trading route through some of England’s prettiest counties. During the cruise, there is a diverse programme of escorted visits along the way – art galleries, stately homes including the real “Downton Abbey”, even a boatyard that has been building traditional river craft for centuries. There are also good cycling and walking opportunities along the ever-present Thames Towpath.
Magna Carta is a hotel barge that accommodates 8 guests and is one of the finest vessels cruising the waters of the British Isles today. Originally built in the 1930’s, today she is a luxurious and spacious ‘floating country hotel’ boasting a combination of traditional and contemporary features that create a very inviting ambience on board.
There is great attention to detail with the use of fine mahogany, teak and oak woods throughout, complemented by modern amenities such as under floor heating and TV/DVD players in the cabin suites.
The large saloon and dining area feature picture windows and stylish furnishings, and the sense of refined space continues in the four very generous, air-conditioned twin/double suites, with their combination of period furniture and contemporary en suite shower rooms.
Outside you can unwind in the heated spa pool, or enjoy a mouth-watering alfresco lunch prepared by your onboard master chef as you get admiring glances from passers-by.
Magna Carta is one of the most recognised vessels navigating the Royal River Thames today and her Captain who knows the river so well, together with his doting crew, will ensure your voyage of gentle exploration is an unforgettable experience.
- Explore Henry VIII’s Hampton Court Palace
- Moor beneath and visit Windsor Castle
- Tour of Cliveden and its gardens
- Tour the Stanley Spencer Gallery at Cookham
- Great walking and bicycling opportunities along the Thames Footpath
- Tour of Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey) on selected departures
- English cream tea at the Stafford Hotel, London
Ask about our themed cruises
- Classic Cruise – England (Including Downton Abbey)
- Royal Cruise – England
- Antiques Cruise – England
- Family Cruise – England
- Chelsea Flower Show Cruise – England
- Hampton Court Flower Show Cruise – England
Cruise Rates & Departure Dates
- 6 Nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en suite cabins
- All gourmet meals aboard and ashore
- Selected regional wines
- Champagne welcome
- Open bar
- All excursions and admittance fees
- Use of bicycles
- Other hotel barge facilities such as a spa pool
- Local transfers to and from the designated meeting point