Nymphea’s Dutch design with its shallow draft makes her the ideal vessel for navigating the beautiful sandy reaches of the River Cher in the Loire Valley. Very few other vessels are able to cruise this magical waterway.
Her traditional interior, reminiscent of a classic yacht, features a warm decor of rich varnished hardwoods, stained glass and shining brass. The traditionally furnished saloon and dining area have a warm and welcoming country house atmosphere and there is an additional upper saloon area with more comfortable seating to relax in. Nymphea has three compact, but comfortable cabins, two twin staterooms and one twin or double stateroom, all with air conditioning and en-suite facilities.
Outside, the sun deck with its comfortable seating offers the perfect vantage point from which to admire the next picturesque waterside village, elegant chateau, or stunning stretch of scenery as it slowly comes into view. You will even get to cruise through the arches of probably the most-photographed château in the Loire Valley, Château de Chenonceau – not once, but twice – a rare privilege afforded to very few boats! And if you wish to explore the River Cher’s towpath and surrounding countryside, there are 6 bicycles available for your use.
Nymphea’s crew of Captain/Tour Leader and Master Chef are most knowledgeable about the history, wine and cuisine of the region and they will be there to help make your journey through the ‘Valley of the Kings of France’ truly unforgettable.
- Cruise under the famed Château de Chenonceau
- Visit a Troglodyte cave dwelling and see the silkworm nursery
- Excursions to the Château d’Amboise and Château du Clos Lucé
- Private wine tastings at Montrichard and the Domaine de Fontenay
- Visit to Château de Villandry and its magnificent gardens
- Tour of Château de Chenonceau and gardens
- Colourful street markets
- Optional hot air ballooning
Ask about our themed cruises
- Biking Cruise – Loire Valley
- Golf Cruise – Loire Valley
- Honeymoon Cruise – Loire Valley
- Family Cruise – Loire Valley
Cruise Rates & Departure Dates
- Accommodation in air-conditioned, en suite cabins
- All gourmet meals aboard and ashore
- Selected regional wines
- Champagne welcome
- Open bar
- All excursions and admittance fees
- Use of bicycles
- Other hotel barge facilities such as a spa pool
- Local transfers to and from the designated meeting point