Rosa is an old Dutch “Clipper” barge that was built in early in the last century to carry different cargoes on the offshore waterways of Holland. Now, as a charming hotel barge, she navigates the calmer canals of southwest France.
The prettily decorated saloon is particularly welcoming and features attractive wood panelling, comfortable seating, dining area and a cosy bar. The four cosy staterooms accommodating 8 passengers have individually controlled air-conditioning and heating and full en suite facilities. Two staterooms have double beds, the other two staterooms have twin beds.
Outside there is a spacious sun deck with a dining area and parasols for enjoying an alfresco prepared by your chef. Comfortable loungers are also there to relax in as you take in the passing countryside on your sedate cruise along the Canal de Garonne.
Eight bikes are available for your use if you wish to perhaps venture into the next village along the towpath.
Rosa also featured with Anjodi in the successful television series, Rick Stein’s French Odyssey and you are sure to enjoy your own personal ‘odyssey’ through this colourful, captivating part of southwest France.
Gascony (Spring & Summer)
- Visit the renowned Château Bellevue la Fôret for a winery tour and private tasting
- Visit to Château de Goudourville
- Guided tour and private tasting at a renowned local Armagnac producer
- Visit Moissac and its UNESCO classified abbey
Bordeaux (Summer & Autumn)
- Tour of the famous Saint Émilion
- Visit the impressive Château de Duras
- Cruise across the 1,900 foot Agen aqueduct
- Wine, cheese and Armagnac tastings
Classic Cruise – Gascony
Classic Cruise – Bordeaux
Ask about our themed cruises
- Golf Cruise – Gascony
- Wine Appreciation Cruise – Bordeaux
Cruise Rates & Departure Dates
- 6 Nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en suite cabins
- All gourmet meals aboard and ashore
- Selected regional wines
- Champagne welcome
- Open bar
- All excursions and admittance fees
- Use of bicycles
- Other hotel barge facilities such as a spa pool
- Local transfers to and from the designated meeting point