Athos was originally built as a commercial sand, grain and wine barge and converted into a luxury hotel barge in 1982. Her association with wine continues today as she gracefully meanders through the Languedoc-Roussillon region of France.
Her intimate saloon is the perfect place to relax on a comfortable sofa with a good book, or to sip an aperitif before enjoying another gourmet meal at the elegant dining table. The barge is air-conditioned throughout and the five bright staterooms, each with a modern en suite shower room, offer all modern comforts and can be in either twin or queen-size double bed configuration.
Outside, her spacious sundeck has a large, adjustable canopy to offer shade during a long, lazy lunch. There are comfortable hardwood deckchairs in which to relax and admire the slowly-passing Midi countryside and, of course, bicycles for the more energetic to venture along the towpath to the next lock or two.
Athos is one of the most traditional hotel barges cruising the Canal du Midi and her welcoming onboard ambience will make your gentle voyage through the Languedoc landscape truly memorable.
- Tour of the medieval city of Carcassonne
- Private tour and tasting at a Minervois winery
- Organic Olive Tasting at L’Oulibo
- Cruise through the natural haven that is the “Petit Camargue”
- Tour and tasting at the Noilly Prat vermouth distillery
- Excellent towpath for walking and cycling
Ask about our themed cruises
- Art Cruise – Canal du Midi
- Family Cruise – Canal du Midi
- Golf Cruise – Canal du Midi
- Tennis Cruise – Canal du Midi
- Wine Appreciation Cruise – Canal du Midi
Cruise Rates & Departure Dates
- 6 Nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en suite cabins
- All gourmet meals aboard and ashore
- Selected regional wines
- Champagne welcome
- Open bar
- All excursions and admittance fees
- Use of bicycles
- Other hotel barge facilities such as a spa pool
- Local transfers to and from the designated meeting point