A Grand Burgundy Adventure
From historic Dijon to pastoral Vandenesse-en-Auxois, discover the region’s top castles and wineries in style
Not many barges boast four-poster beds, a stately lounge and a grand piano. Belmond Fleur de Lys is unique and full of character. Drift to captivating chateaux, charming port towns and sun-drenched vineyards. Along the way, discover the magic of Burgundy vintages and—with your private onboard chef—French cooking at its finest.
From ornate fabrics to regal four-poster beds and authentic Indian furnishings, Fleur de Lys is a visual treat – there’s even a baby grand piano for the musically minded to play in the lounge. Entertain yourself with a curated selection of games, books, music and movies and enjoy WiFi. By day, look out over panoramic vistas of the verdant countryside from the sun deck, or take a dip in the heated pool. As evening falls, dress for dinner in your private en-suite cabin and enjoy a sumptuous banquet created by your chef and served in the elegant dining room.
The essence of travel with Belmond Afloat in France is that your time is relaxed and any excursions will be tailored to your personal tastes and requirements. Our itineraries include visits to local attractions, such as stately châteaux and bustling markets, with add-on activities such as hot-air ballooning. During the cruise, your barge is accompanied by an air-conditioned vehicle ready to take you and your private guide on your chosen tours.
- Vehicle transfer or train transfer from Paris to the barge (if applicable). Private hire transfers are also available from Lyon and Geneva
- Table D’Hote Meals. Each week’s menu includes regional specialities and seasonal delicacies unique to the area you are cruising through
- Complimentary Beverages
- Luxury Accommodation
- Excursions stated in the itinerary, fully escorted by the experienced onboard guide
The three guest cabins cocoon you in comfort. Each can be configured with twin or king-size beds, making Fleur de Lys perfect for families or groups travelling together. Facilities include:
- En-suite bathroom with twin washbasins, a 110-220volt shaver socket, either a large corner shower or a bathtub with an overhead shower
- Bedside tables, dressing/desk table and chair
- Wardrobe, safe and hairdryer
- Sockets suitable for two-pin 220-volt plugs
- Individually controlled air-conditioning/heating unit so you can adjust the temperature to your liking