Renaissance has been designed to carry her guests in ultimate luxury along the Canal de Briare, France’s oldest canal and steeped in history on a cruise route that features elegant chateaux, small countryside villages and the famed wine-growing region of Sancerre.
She is a very spacious hotel barge and the beautifully-appointed saloon with its wooden beams, classic dining furniture and artworks, invokes the atmosphere of a classic French manor house. The comfortable leather sofas and hand-built bar where you can enjoy your pre-dinner aperitif, add to the feeling of onboard opulence.
The ‘Renaissance mood’ extends to the four very generously-sized twin or double bedded bedroom suites, (approx. 265sq ft including en suite), each one fully air-conditioned and complemented by a large en suite bathroom.
Outside, the large forward deck includes a covered roof extension with a circular table for alfresco dining, comfortable hardwood sun loungers and a heated spa pool.
With her refined onboard ambience, Renaissance is the perfect vessel on which to cruise a historic canal and experience the splendour of landmarks en route, including Gustav Eiffels’s aqueduct across the mighty River Loire.
- Visit to and guided tour of the magnificent Château de Fontainebleau
- 7-lock flight at Rogny-Les-Sept-Ecluses, a national historic monument
- Cruise across the aqueduct at Briare, built by Gustave Eiffel over the River Loire
- Private wine tasting in Sancerre
- Visit Gien, home of the Faience pottery
- Excellent opportunities for walking and biking. Biking Plus option available
Ask about our themed cruises
- Family Cruise – Upper Loire & Western Burgundy
- Golf Cruise – Upper Loire & Western Burgundy
- Wine Appreciation Cruise – Upper Loire & Western Burgundy
Cruise Rates & Departures
- Accommodation in air-conditioned, en suite cabins
- All gourmet meals aboard and ashore
- Selected regional wines
- Champagne welcome
- Open bar
- All excursions and admittance fees
- Use of bicycles
- Other hotel barge facilities such as a spa pool
- Local transfers to and from the designated meeting point