The River Shannon and its lakes represent Ireland at its finest and your cruise aboard Shannon Princess features a landscape of rolling green fields, ancient Celtic landmarks and an abundance of wildlife.
The legends and fables of Ireland are found everywhere and are well understood by the hospitable Irish people who will be happy to tell you more about the ancient culture. The history of Ireland has been varied and sometimes difficult, but the locals always find the time to chat and perhaps charm you a tale or two of folklore.
During your cruise, there is a programme of fascinating excursions that will you give you a true immersion into the heritage and traditions of this part of Ireland, such as a personal tour of a castle by its eccentric owner, a birds of prey display, visits to a whiskey distillery and hand-weaving workshop and, of course, the chance to sample a pint or two of the ‘black stuff’ – Guinness.
Shannon Princess, accommodating 10 guests in comfort, is the largest hotel barge to be cruising the River Shannon and its picturesque, intertwining lakes. Her thoughtfully-designed interior includes a comfortable saloon and dining area with panoramic windows. The five junior twin/double cabin suites, also with picture windows, are stylishly furnished and each is air-conditioned, centrally heated, and accompanied by a modern en-suite shower room.
The large rooftop sundeck is certainly the place to relax, perhaps on one of the comfortable loungers, to watch the countryside glide slowly by, or in the heated spa pool. There is also an inviting dining area with circular table to savour that gourmet meal on warmer days.
Shannon Princess’s Captain and his crew will go out of their way to ensure your every need is accommodated, while your Master Chef who was trained at the Ballmaloe School, will create some wonderful signature dishes to make your enthralling voyage through the ‘Emerald Isle’ complete.
- Tour the legendary 6thC Clonmacnoise ruins
- Full day excursion to Portumna Castle and Galway
- Traditional Guinness and oyster lunch
- Visit the unusual haunted Leap Castle
- Tour Birr Castle’s Gardens and Science Centre
- Birds of prey demonstration at Adare Manor
- Tour of the Kilbeggan Whiskey Distillery with a private tasting
- Visit a traditional Irish hand-weaving workshop
- Hear traditional Irish music
- Excellent walking and fishing opportunities
Ask about our themed cruises
- Artisan Cruise – Ireland
- Golf Cruise – Ireland
- Walking Cruise – Ireland
- Family Cruise – Ireland
Cruise Rates & Departure Dates
- 6 Nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en suite cabins
- All gourmet meals aboard and ashore
- Selected regional wines
- Champagne welcome
- Open bar
- All excursions and admittance fees
- Use of bicycles
- Other hotel barge facilities such as a spa pool
- Local transfers to and from the designated meeting point