A breathtaking blend of Burgundy’s finest
Discover a landscape brimming with flavour and heritage on a luxurious cruise from Pontailler to Saint-Léger.
Launched in 2018, Belmond Lilas invites you to step into a world of understated indulgence. Soft furnishings and rustic timbers echo the surrounding landscape of Burgundy. Take a dip in the outdoor pool, or savour divine local delicacies on deck. Each sensational adventure explores the region’s finest vineyards and legendary chateaux.
Inspired by nature and named after the lilac flower, Lilas gives classic French style a contemporary twist. Handcrafted timber furniture and natural linens are partnered with a stunning mural and embroidered Parisian bedcovers. Comfort is of the essence, and each of our spacious cabins offers king or twin beds and tiled en-suite bathrooms. To make the most of your chef’s talents, the barge has an elegant dining room, as well as an airy lounge with doors that open out for alfresco dining. In the evening, enjoy an aperitif and your choice of music on the surround-sound stereo. Spend sunny days by the heated pool on deck and soak up the beauty of the countryside.
The essence of travel with Belmond Afloat in France is that your time is relaxed and any excursions will be tailored to your personal tastes and requirements. Our itineraries include visits to local attractions, such as stately châteaux and bustling markets, with add-on activities such as hot-air ballooning. During the cruise, your barge is accompanied by an air-conditioned vehicle ready to take you and your private guide on your chosen tours.
- Vehicle transfer or train transfer from Paris to the barge (if applicable). Private hire transfers are also available from Lyon and Geneva
- Table D’Hote Meals. Each week’s menu includes regional specialities and seasonal delicacies unique to the area you are cruising through
- Complimentary Beverages
- Luxury Accommodation
- Excursions stated in the itinerary, fully escorted by the experienced onboard guide
Lilas invites you to step into a world of understated elegance. Facilities include:
- King-size beds (configured as twins if desired)
- En-suite bathrooms with twin washbasins and WC. One bathroom has a bathtub with an overhead shower and three have a walk-in shower
- Bedside tables – Dressing/desk table with chair
- Wardrobe and armchairs
- Safe and hairdryer – Sockets suitable for two-pin 220-volt plugs
- Individually controlled air-conditioning/heating unit so you can adjust the temperature to your liking