Scottish Highlander has the atmosphere of a comfortable Country House with subtle use of tartan furnishings and landscape paintings, a reminder of the spectacular surroundings to be seen on your voyage through the Great Glen.
At 117 feet long, she is spacious and has every comfort needed for enjoying the magnificence of the Highlands during Spring, Summer and Autumn.
The warm and welcoming saloon features rich-coloured wooden panelling, large picture windows and comfortable leather Chesterfield sofas to relax in, perhaps with a mellow single malt whisky from the very well-stocked bar.
Accommodation for eight guests is in three twin/double staterooms and one larger twin/double junior suite, each one centrally heated and with en suite facilities.
There is a cosy observation area behind the wheelhouse where you can admire the passing scenery and chat to the Captain about life on the Caledonian Canal and its interconnecting lochs. On the forward deck area, there is more seating where you can take in the far-reaching views and take photographs as Scottish Highlander plots her course past landmarks such as Urquhart Castle perched alongside Loch Ness.
A cruise on mystical waterways aboard Scottish Highlander as you marvel at some of Scotland’s finest scenery will be one that stays in the memory for a long time.
Cuisine is traditional Scottish fare – salmon, game and seafood, prepared by your own Master Chef, and the hotel barge’s experienced crew of four will take care of your every need.
- Tour of the Tomatin whisky distillery with a private tasting
- See Eilean Donan and Urquhart castles
- Tour Cawdor Castle and gardens, home of Shakespeare’s Scottish Play
- Extraordinary river, canal and loch cruising & excellent walking opportunities
- Majestic Falconry Display on the banks of Loch Ness
- Visit Glencoe, scene of treachery between the Campbell and MacDonald clans
Ask about our themed cruises
- Golf Cruise – Scotland
- Family Cruise – Scotland
- Whisky Trail Cruise – Scotland
Cruise Rates & Departure Dates
- 6 Nights accommodation in air-conditioned, en suite cabins
- All gourmet meals aboard and ashore
- Selected regional wines
- Champagne welcome
- Open bar
- All excursions and admittance fees
- Use of bicycles
- Other hotel barge facilities such as a spa pool
- Local transfers to and from the designated meeting point