Spirit of Scotland is an elegant hotel barge with extensive public areas inside and out that are perfect from which to admire the breathtaking Highlands scenery in comfort as she cruises the Caledonian Canal and the lochs of the Great Glen.
Although purpose-built less than twenty years ago as a hotel barge, her style evokes that of the traditional steamers that plied the lochs of Scotland in times gone by.
Accommodating up to 12 passengers in comfort, her interior features a bright and spacious saloon and dining area with picture windows, a separate bar, and an integral forward wheelhouse giving views of the cruise route ahead. The 6 air-conditioned cabins offer a choice of twin or double beds and are complemented by well-designed en suite shower rooms.
Outside, there are separate areas where you can relax on a recliner, or perhaps in the heated spa pool, as well as a covered dining terrace. And the large upper sun deck is the ideal place to admire the dramatic backdrop as you cruise on deep-water lochs such as Loch Oich and past historic landmarks along the way.
Your voyage aboard Spirit of Scotland will be an unforgettable experience, giving you the opportunity to appreciate the very best this dramatic region of Scotland has to offer from a unique perspective.
All this, together with the traditional Scottish cuisine, fine wines and wide range of whiskies served on board by an attentive crew of 6, combine to ensure a truly memorable cruising experience.
- Tour of the Glen Ord whisky distillery with a private tasting
- Majestic Falconry Display on the banks of Loch Ness
- Tour of Cawdor Castle and gardens, home of Shakespeare’s Scottish Play
- Visit Eilean Donan and Urquhart castles
- Wonderful river, canal and loch cruising & excellent opportunities for walking
- Visit Glencoe, scene of treachery between the Campbell and MacDonald clans
Ask about our themed cruises
- Whisky Trail Cruise – Scotland
- Family Cruise – Scotland
- Golf Cruise – Scotland
Cruise Rates & Departure Dates
- Accommodation in air-conditioned, en suite cabins
- All gourmet meals aboard and ashore
- Selected regional wines
- Champagne welcome
- Open bar
- All excursions and admittance fees
- Use of bicycles
- Other hotel barge facilities such as a spa pool
- Local transfers to and from the designated meeting point